If you are an Undergraduate / Graduate / Post Graduate student in your final year or just graduated, these tips will be useful.
Some of the important sections that you should focus are:
- Professional goal: State your goal in not more than 3 to 4 sentences. It should bring out key characteristics such as flexibility, focus, learner, perseverance and persistence.
- Skills: If you are adding skills where you have no professional experience, you should keep it at beginner level. This will add credibility to your resume.
- Strengths: This is an important section if you want to highlight some of your natural strengths. So if you have good score in certain areas, this is a good section to add. Being honest is extremely important. If you do not get good score here, you can avoid to fill this section.
- Education Details: This is the most important section for you and must complete all details.
- Experience: You may fill this section if you have experience in part time jobs / internship or have prior experience of full time job.
- Social: If you have your website or blog, you can highlight it here.
- Special Projects: If you have done any special projects, this is a great section to highlight your strengths. Creating a video to describe your project is an attractive way to show your capability. An easy way to create a video is to first prepare a powerpoint describing what you have done and then create a video out of it. To learn how to create a video from a powerpoint, see our post “Tips to create awesome videos from powerpoint”. Your video will get embedded within your infographic resume and can be played from inside your resume. It is really cool! You can also provide the URL of your webpage to showcase your work.
- In case you have Honors / Awards / Certification / Patents, you can fill in the relevant sections.
- Recommendation is another area to add credibility to your resume. You can ask for recommendation from your professor or from your supervisor under whom you did your internship.
Please ensure there are no spelling and grammatical mistakes! Use spell check and grammar check before you send out your resume.
PaanGO provides resume building service that helps students to build resume professionally. A good resume helps to improve the chances for students to get the interview. You can create modern or traditional resumes apart from infographic resume, based on the job you are applying and the field you are in. PaanGO’s pre-designed templates are used by many students to build their resume.
We hope the above tips will help you to showcase yourself in the best possible manner. Now you can go to www.paango.com to create your awesome trackable infographic resume. We wish you a great success!